Sunday, July 28, 2013

Wrapping up Spring Semester 2013

It has been a while since I have done a post in here, but a lot has happened since my last post. I finished my first year if graduate school, got married to my lovely wife Jodi Carpenter, and made a dinnerware set for a wood-firing that just reached temperature under two days ago.  The intention of this post is to wrap up the end of my semester last year. Some images are of older work that I never documented until recently and other images are from pieces I made for the show, entitled Over the river and Through the Woods, that I completed with my classmate Jocelyn Howard. The work that I made for this show was my attempt to explore how classic American, Environmental Icons are relevant today. you can probably guess that my outlook is not cheerful.
Bird Woman.

Bird Woman with Papoose

Bird Woman

Cardiograph Specimen

Ceolicanthipuss

Herring

John Muir

After a lot of musing, I decided to call this sculpture If a Bear Falls in the Woods. The whole piece is over 6 feet long



Gallery Shot with Light Hawk at the Diner

Gallery Shot with fish and JM

1 comment:

  1. Ben your work is so inspiring. Wholly original and unique and creative. And awesomly weird. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete